signs of breast cancer
Many of the symptoms of breast cancer can also be symptoms of something else. Only your doctor can tell for sure. If you have any of these, make an appointment with your doctor.
- A lump in the breast or armpit
- Thickening of breast skin or tissue that lasts through your period
- A change in the size, shape, or contour of the breast
- Clear or bloody fluid coming from the nipple
- A change in how the skin on your breast or nipple looks or feels. It may look dimpled, puckered, scaly, or inflamed.
- Redness of your breast or nipple
- An area on your breast that clearly looks different from any other
- A hard, marble-like area under the skin
it’s best to start treatment right away
Your doctor will do tests to find out the cause. He or she can give you the “all clear” or help you start treatment if the tests show you have cancer. Most breast lumps are not cancer. But if your doctor believes it is, it’s best to start treatment right away.