Treatment for Small Cell Lung Cancer (SCLC)
Get some answers concerning how your specialist chooses which treatment you require, the sorts of treatment you may have and treatment by stage.
Choosing which treatment you require
A group of specialists and different experts examine the best treatment and administer to you. They are known as a multidisciplinary group (MDT).
- The treatment you have relies on upon:
- where your cancer is
- how far it has developed or spread (the stage)
- your general wellbeing and level of wellness
The principle treatments are:
- chemoradiotherapy – chemotherapy with radiotherapy
- side effect control treatment
You have at least one of these treatments. This relies on upon the phase of your cancer and furthermore how well the treatment functions.
Treatment by stage
Restricted ailment implies your cancer is just in one lung. It may be in lymph hubs adjacent. The cancer is in a solitary territory that can be treated with radiotherapy.
The principle treatment for constrained malady little cell lung cancer is chemotherapy.